Pro Bono Italia presents the 26th roundtable.
Giovanni Carotenuto, the President of Pro Bono Italia introduced Lia Campione and Lucia Ciocarlan, partner at Linklaters and they welcomed the participants. Few NGOs were introduced during this roundtable:
- OXFAM ITALIA
- MAMA CHAT
- MISSION BAMBINI
THERE WAS ALSO AN UPDATE ON THE ONGOING PBI’S ITALIA PROJECT:
Know Your Rights (KYR). G. Carotenuto briefly introduced the program, run by DLA Piper in partnership with PBI and CILD, which officially started on 19th September and will end on 21st November. L. Liboni (CILD) presented the different steps and purposes thereof, by pointing out that 32 refugees and asylum seekers from different parts of the world and with very different educational backgrounds, are currently receiving training on different areas of the law. A trainee at DLA Piper for the KYR program also intervened, and so did some of the mentors belonging to PBI’s network (G. Albè, M. Pollavini, P. Circosta).
Giovanni Carotenuto also presented the inaugural Italy Pro Bono day, which will take place in Rome on Wednesday, November 28 2018.
THEY ALSO PRESENTED THE FUTURE PRO BONO EVENTS:
- 8th October 2018 (11:15 – 12:30), Rome – G. Carotenuto will attend the International Bar Association’s Annual Global Conference, by representing PBI to a panel co-organised by the IBA Pro Bono Committee on “Global migration: from ‘crisis mode’ to the ‘new normal’”;
- 17th October 2018 (from 10:30 am to 1 pm), Milan – PBI Seminar on privacy, data protection and cybersecurity, co-lectured by White&Case and Ashurst (check PBI’s web-site for details);
- 7th November 2018 (10 am to 12 pm), Rome – PBI Seminar on privacy, data protection and cybersecurity, co-lectured by Hogan Lovells and Albè e Associati (check PBI’s web-site for details);
- 12th- 14th November 2018, Berlin – 2018 PILnet Global Forum;
- 28th November 2018 (from 10 am to 6 pm), Rome – Italy Pro Bono Day, co-organised by PBI, TrustLaw, Orrick and PILnet, and hosted by Orrick. As pointed out above, the 27th Italian Pro Bono Roundtable (12:30 – 2:30 pm) and a PBI Seminar on the relationship between clearinghouses, NGOs and law firms (2:30 – 4 pm) will also take place on premises. Save the dates!
3rd OCTOBER 2018
13:30 – 15:30
Via Broletto, 9, Milano